Fall allergies impose symptoms that can make you feel annoyed and miserable. It ranges from mid-August until the first frost. These days, we see an uptick in emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and doctor's appointments for patients who find themselves coughing, sneezing, coping with post-nasal drip, and other symptoms. A lot of people get unwell due to allergies as "when your immune system reacts to a foreign substance, called an allergen, it reacts and you fall sick. To avoid such a situation, we need to take some precautions to stay healthy and safe. In this blog, we will talk about the fall season allergies and what we need to know to stay safe!
Allergies can generate a series of symptoms that vary in severity. Some of the common allergies are Coughing, Sneezing, Runny Nose, Scratchy Throat, Post Nasal Drip, Sinus Pressure, and Itchy Eyes. In severe cases, allergies can even be fatal, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). People with asthma are particularly vulnerable to potentially fatal allergic reactions. Such severe symptoms include Swelling of the lips, mouth, or throat, Breathing trouble. and Asthma attacks.
Let’s take a look at some of the common allergies-
- Dust mites
- Insect Stings
- Animal Dander
To combat these allergies, please take the below precautions
To avoid such allergies and stay safe, take all the necessary precautions. From Safety Gloves to Safety Glasses, update your checklist before going outside. Stay aware and enjoy the coming fall season with your family and friends. Below are some of the precautions mentioned to keep you safe throughout the fall season with the coming allergies-
- Stay in the house if you can, especially on windy days. Keep the windows closed.
- Make sure you replace your filter before running your air conditioner
- While going outside don’t forget to wear a face mask, to prevent you from inhaling larger particles of pollen.
- Wear a hat and safety glasses to avoid pollen particles in your hair and eyes.
- Enjoy outdoor activities while taking precautions like face masks, safety gloves, safety glasses, etc.
- If you are pollen-sensitive, it’s a good idea to take a bath, wash your hair, and change your clothes, before going to bed.
- Use safety gloves while going outside for any work to stay away from infections.
- Try to keep your eyes, mouth, and hands safe while traveling outside to stay safe from allergic infections.
- A portable air cleaner/purifier can help as it works efficiently when run continuously with the doors and windows closed.
- Use HEPA filter air conditioners to reduce indoor air irritants.
As the fall season is approaching our doors, we should be ready to avoid fall allergies and stay safe and healthy during this season. For that, we require some easy day-to-day precautions while traveling outside or staying indoors. Bison Life has an amazing collection of allergy safety equipment and Mask for your fall season safety.